At Gray’s Country Gifts, we’re obviously very passionate about leather. We know it’s a material that makes for a great fashion accessory, especially as Christmas draws near, and our customers are undoubtedly thinking about how to splash out on their friends and family.
Why do shoppers love leather?
- It’s long-lasting – leather’s durability is one of the main reasons why it’s been used as a material for keeping us warm, dry and why it’s a highly sought after material for the modern man looking to accessorise.
- It’s a true fashion statement – due to the high quality of genuine leather, it’s rightfully attained its iconic status within the fashion industry, and is synonymous with taste, class and luxury.
Common types of leather
- Full-grain leather: if you’re shopping for leather products, then you need to be aware that full grain refers to leather hide that has not been sanded or buffed. Full grain leather will often come from a better quality hide or skin, and will usually have greater fibre strength and durability.
- Top-grain: top grain leather is the most common if you’re buying high-end leather products, and is often thinner and more pliable than full-grain leather.
- Corrected grain: refers to any kind of leather which has had artificial grain applied to its surface. Any imperfections are corrected or sanded away.
Our leather brands
If you’ve got aspirations to be a true connoisseur of leather, then it’s worth knowing the difference between the types of leather on the market. Here at Gray’s we sell two types of high quality leather.
Gray’s Natural Leatherware Range
This range is made from quality Buffalo Leather, and is manufactured to be rugged and hardwearing. This leather is created using what is known as the pull up technique, which means the natural oils are absorbed into the leather, causing the leather to change when it is moved or pulled, thus give a unique look to each bag we sell. Whilst Movement and long-term use the bags will add to the natural patina of the leather, traces of wear and tear can easily be removed by polishing with a soft dry cloth.
Gray’s Fine Leather
Gray’s Fine Leather is made from pressed cow leather designed to give an all over uniform perfect finish. This leather is softer than our Buffalo Leather, giving a lighter weight fine finish.
As a company which has our very own brand of leather, it’s safe to say we’re passionate about making sure our customers have the highest quality product. Below are just some of the ideas for great leather accessories to keep you looking stylish throughout the autumn months.
Luxury backpacks and rucksacks are seen to be increasingly chic in an age where the lines between smart and casual are becoming increasingly blurred. Leather rucksacks are a great choice if you’re planning a relaxed walk in the countryside, with hidden compartments and pockets for ease of travel if you’re on the move or in a busy city.
The Barrington XI Bag in Tan Leather
This is a beautifully crafted equestrian styled hold-all, with a lovely saddle inspired design, combines utility with fashion for a really high-class hold-all. These bags turn the simple, humble hold-all from a mere accessory to a must-own fashion item.
Angus Wallet in Natural Leather
Made from our quality buffalo leather, any of the three wallets in this range are perfect for creating that slim-line compact fit for your wallet. Our wallets come in either our Natural Buffalo leather, or our Fine Cow Leather.
James Phone Case in Natural Leather
Phones have become indispensible accessories in the last ten years, and it’s only natural for you to want that touch of class that comes with owning your own leather phone case. Again, our phone cases come in both Natural Buffalo leather and Fine Cow leather.
Andrea Riding Hat Bag in Natural Brown leather
This is by far the most unique of our five recommendations, and is a truly iconic piece of equestrian fashion. It’s made from our finest natural buffalo leather to give it a uniform perfect finish. It comes with its own protective brass feet at the base to reduce wear and tear.